Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Care and Keeping of You



Download

The bestselling guide has sold more than 3 million copies! It answers all the questions preteen girls have about their bodies, from healthy eating to bra buying to periods. It offers guidance on basic hygiene and health without addressing issues of sexuality.

A Customer review:
The book touches on everything from hair care, to face cleansing, to washing your hands, to exercising and nutrition. I was wondering how I was going to broach the topic of starting her period with my daughter and this sure helped relieve my anxiety. It covered it honestly, straightforward and not intimidating at all. I think it helped because it was only a minor focus of the entire body-care book. (A brief introduction to what a period is and how to handle it and the fact that it is completely NORMAL and all girls go through it). I told my daughter that she was now in the "girls club" and could talk to me anytime about any of these topics she had questions about...she carried the book around for hours and immediately started cleaning her face, brushing her hair and being more conscious of her overall body care.
I highly recommend this book for preteens and am happy I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment